Re: sponsor categories GSchmidt 26 Jul 2003 02:55 EST

There have been many responses to your note.  Let me give you a
non-answer answer.

It depends upon your reporting requirements both internal and external
to  your college.  You could provide codes for all potential sources of
funds, but if you only need to know 4 or 5 general categories (fed,
state, corp, foundation, and other non-profit), why bother with all the
other subcategories?   F/GASB only requires Fed, State and Other.  On
the other hand, if you are often asked how many subawards with private
foundations receiving federal funds, then maybe you need a code/subcode
scheme for that.  Either that, or you need to find out why you're being
asked those questions!

Greg Schmidt