Re: Food Nutrition Funding Mike McCallister 11 Jul 2003 07:50 EST

Somebody at this sponsor has too much time and a bit of a control problem.

SPanky

At 07:00 AM 7/11/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I am interested in how other universities receiving funding under this
>program have responded to the statement copied below.  Even if you are
>not receiving such funding, I am interested in how you would respond.
>This appears to me to be an overly prescriptive requirement on how we
>meet our time and effort reporting obligations.  I would think that our
>descriptions of these processes in our Disclosure Statements and/or
>absence of effort reporting findings in our A-133 audit reports would be
>sufficient (so far, these approaches have not been successful).  Am I
>wrong to think that what is sufficient for one federal agency should be
>sufficient for other federal agencies?  This is a note from a regional
>office, but it is said to have originated from a ruling at the national
>level.  I appreciate any input you may offer publicly or in private.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Mike
>

>Michael J. Warnock, Director
>Office of Sponsored Program Administration
>310 Jesse Hall
>University of Missouri
>Columbia, MO  65211
>voice 573 882-4329
>fax 573 884-4078
>xxxxxx@missouri.edu

Mike McCallister, Ph.D.
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
2801 South University
Little Rock, AR  72204-1099

(o) 501-569-8474
(c) 501-590-5609
(f)  501-371-7614

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. . . . With
consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have
the life that is waiting for us.
-- Joseph Campbell
The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a
faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant
and has forgotten the gift.
 -- Albert Einstein