Food Nutrition Funding Warnock, Michael J. 11 Jul 2003 07:00 EST

I am interested in how other universities receiving funding under this
program have responded to the statement copied below.  Even if you are
not receiving such funding, I am interested in how you would respond.
This appears to me to be an overly prescriptive requirement on how we
meet our time and effort reporting obligations.  I would think that our
descriptions of these processes in our Disclosure Statements and/or
absence of effort reporting findings in our A-133 audit reports would be
sufficient (so far, these approaches have not been successful).  Am I
wrong to think that what is sufficient for one federal agency should be
sufficient for other federal agencies?  This is a note from a regional
office, but it is said to have originated from a ruling at the national
level.  I appreciate any input you may offer publicly or in private.

Thank you.

Mike

Michael J. Warnock, Director
Office of Sponsored Program Administration
310 Jesse Hall
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO  65211
voice 573 882-4329