Re: Two Questions Dolce, Peter J 08 Jul 2003 15:47 EST

Great questions to ask at the outset.  For item 1--you may save yourself
headaches if you connect the privilege of applying for grants with
employment rather than (or in addtion to) faculty status, e.g. to apply for
a grant you must be a member of the faculty employed full time by the
university.  Not sure how you define "adjunct"--i.e., are these unpaid
faculty?--but employment status is much less subject to manipulation than
faculty status and much less ambiguous.

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Stumpp [mailto:xxxxxx@CAPITAL.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 3:00 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Two Questions

Capital University is a private liberal arts school with 4,000 students.
 We are in the process of establishing a Faculty Grants Office and I am
seeking feedback on the following questions.  I would like to know the
viewpoint of other institutions.

1.  Can adjunct faculty submit proposals or are submissions restricted
to junior or tenured faculty?

2.  How do you differentiate the responsbilities of the grants/sponsored
research office and the corporate/foundation relations office?

Many thanks.

Susan Stumpp
Faculty Grants Director
Capital University
2199 E. Main Street
Columbus, OH 43209-2394
614/236-6572
xxxxxx@capital.edu

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information that
is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law.  It is intended only for the individual(s) or entity named above.  If
you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified
that any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this e-mail or the
information contained in it or attached to it is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and immediately
notify the person named above by reply e-mail.  Thank you.