Re: T&E reports for project participants Herbert B. Chermside 16 Jun 2003 14:49 EST

If you are paying for work -- personal services -- you must have some
record of the time worked; see A-21.  Not necessarily same T&E report
faculty sign off on.

If you are paying a stipend (not wage) you need some indication of
attendance/participation adequate to show that the goals of the training
program are met.  But in this case, it can be pretty general.

Chuck

At 11:00 AM 6/16/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello all-
>Quick question:  do participants in a federal project have to fill out Time
>& Effort reports?  We've just begun our first REU summer research program,
>and I need to know if the participating undergraduates have to fill out T&E
>reports.
>Thanks,
>-Amy
>

>Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what
>no one else has thought.
>-Albert von Nagyrapolt
>
>Amy Hibbard
>Grants Administrator
>Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Sciences
>535 Watson Drive, Claremont, CA 91711
>T: (909) 607-9313 / 607-7855
>F: (909) 607-8086
>xxxxxx@kgi.edu