Re: Clinical Trial Agreements Debbie Smith 16 Jun 2003 11:10 EST

Yes, these agreements are getting harder and harder to negotiate, especially
for state agencies.  We always INSIST that we be able to include at least
the dates of the study, some generic title, the name of the company, name of
our PI, and total amount in reports of sponsored activity and our
Treasurer's report, which is probably similar to your report to the Board.

I have not had anyone, yet, mention internal data bases.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paplauskas,Leonard" <xxxxxx@ADP.UCHC.EDU>
To: <xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG>
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 9:57 AM
Subject: [RESADM-L] Clinical Trial Agreements

> Our Clinical Trials Office reports that 4 out of 5 pharma clinical trial
sponsors are now insisting that the institution keep confidential the fact
that we are conducting a particular clinical trial.

> In essence, they are saying that we cannot publish reports to the Board of
Trustees and the State which contains the specifics of a clinical trial,
e.g., study drug, indication, etc.  In fact, they are insisting that our
internal databases not contain this information.