Re: What would your IRB do? Luc Simon 12 Jun 2003 16:29 EST

Barbara,

You should have a look at our institutions policies and regulations
applicable to students and graduation.

I would suggest that the IRB should not try to impose sanctions on its own,
but refer the matter to the proper academic authorities, with explication as
to the gravity of the "offense", damage caused, etc...

You could use this incident as a learning opportunity since its seems that
many people in the institution may have failed to act in a timely fashion,
and allowed this situation to arise. The system for the protection of human
subjects need to involve many actors, not only the IRB and the investigators
!!

Regards,

Luc Simon

=========