Re: governing law clause Jeff Myers 04 Jun 2003 13:47 EST

I wouldn't expect them to waive their sovereign immunity (as a state
institution, we won't) but they shouldn't have a problem going silent on
governing law.  We recently negotiated a research contract with a tribal
government and that's how we handled it.  If they refuse to do that, you
might suggest a home and home clause (i.e. party initiating a dispute must
do so under the laws of the other party).

Jeff Myers
Southern Illinois University