Re: Payback agreement for postdoctoral support from an institutuional NRSA Herbert B. Chermside 22 May 2003 15:50 EST

For first year only.  See NIH GPS p.206.  Postdoctoral.  Same for
individual training grants, p.188
Chuck

At 11:13 AM 5/22/2003 -0500, Dolce, Peter J wrote:
>Does postdoctoral support from an institutional NRSA require payback?
>
>One of our graduate students will start a postdoc in July and will be funded
>by an NIH Institutional Training Grant; the institution where he'll be
>training sent him a payback agreement.  The intent of the agreement (and of
>the NIH Grants Policy Statement) seem to be that the first 12 months of
>both individual and instutional support trigger the payback requirement.
>Parts of the agreement, however, seem to apply only to the individual award,
>e.g., "I understand that my first 12 monts of Kirschstein-NRSA Individual
>Fellowship support for postdoctoral research training carries with it a
>payback obligation."
>
>Peter J. Dolce, Ph.D.
>Director, Office of Research Support Services
>Meharry Medical College
>1005 D. B. Todd Boulevard
>Nashville, TN  37203
>
>Phone 615 327 6703
>Fax 615 327 6716
>

>This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information that
>is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable
>law.  It is intended only for the individual(s) or entity named above.  If
>you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified
>that any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this e-mail or the
>information contained in it or attached to it is strictly prohibited.  If
>you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and immediately
>notify the person named above by reply e-mail.  Thank you.

Herbert B. Chermside, CRA
Virginia Commonwealth University
PO BOX 980568
Richmond, VA  23298-0568