Re: Small Disadvantaged Businesses Rosemary Alexander 09 May 2003 10:42 EST

The CWRU website has a list of URLs we ask our faculty and staff to use to
help identify vendors. The URL is
http://www.cwru.edu/finadmin/matsupp/suplrdiv.html. We also have been
working with many advocacy groups to help identify vendors that we may enter
into our own internal database. These groups include the NAACP, Northern
Ohio Minority Business Council, Black Trades Council, Hispanic Business
Association, Hard Hatted Women, National Association of Women Business
Owners, etc.

Our most difficult challenge has been to identify HUBZone vendors to provide
goods and services to our researchers. I'd be interested in hearing from
others who have had success in that area. I suggest you reply to the list as
I'm sure this is a topic of general interest.

Thanks,

Rosemary Alexander,
Assistant Director, Office of Sponsored Projects Administration,
Case Western Reserve University,
Via regular mail: 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106-7015,
Via FedEx, UPS, etc.: 2040 Adelbert Rd., Suite 4, Cleveland, OH 44106,