Thank you Mortali Jill M. 06 May 2003 07:57 EST

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who responded to the Performance Factors in Research Administration Survey that was posted on this list several weeks ago.  We were thrilled with the responses.  We received close to 250 responses from a broad base of pre-award, postaward and departmental administrators. I also really enjoyed your comments concerning what surprised you most about the field.   I will be summarizing the results shortly for those who indicated an interest in receiving the information.

Thanks again.

Jill Mortali and Jill Luallan

Performance Factors in Research Administration Survey

>We'd appreciate your participation in the linked 5-minute survey and would
>be happy to share the results. You may find the results useful in your own
>research administration office.
>
>The quick and easy survey solicits your opinion on "what makes
>administrators successful." The survey solicits your opinion on
the areas to focus on, or "core competencies," when developing training,
>making hiring and promotion decisions, and excelling in research
>administration. The survey also asks some basic information of you,
such as how you entered the administration field. We are also using the
results of this survey in our upcoming presentation at the Region 1 NCURA
conference in Portsmouth, NH in May.

>The web survey is only 14 questions long and does not require any
>statistics or complicated financial information - your opinion is all
>that is required!
>
>Click on the following link to participate: http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?KJJ5YVVSB6XV3LLXH19AXTVK

> If you wish to receive a copy of the survey results, please email Jill Mortali at xxxxxx@hms.harvard.edu.
>
>Thanks in advance for your participaiton

Jill Mortali
Director
Sponsored Programs Administration
Harvard Medical School