Re: Subs and travel to dangerous places Marie Smith 01 May 2003 12:07 EST

It is the policy of our institution and many universities that I deal with
to have the PIs involved sign a waiver - travel at their own risk - that
removes all liability from us.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Marie F. Smith, CRA
Manager of Grants Administration
Institute of Ecosystem Studies
PO Box AB, 65 Sharon Turnpike
Millbrook, NY 12545
Tel: 845-677-5343
Direct Line: 845-677-7600 x 202
FAX: 845-677-5976
E-mail: xxxxxx@ecostudies.org
http://www.ecostudies.org/grants.html

-----Original Message-----
From: O'Brien, Maryellen [mailto:xxxxxx@ORSP.RUTGERS.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 12:40 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Subs and travel to dangerous places

I am in the position of having grant awards that include subaward to foreign
countries.  In particular Indonesia and Senegal.  In both cases, the state
department has issued travel warnings.  The warning for Indonesia seems more
serious than Senegal.

Does your university have a policy about issuing subs in these countries and
faculty/staff travel to these areas?

Maryellen O'Brien
Assistant Director
Grant and Contract Administration
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
Rutgers University
Cook College
88 Lipman Drive, Room 125
New Brunswick, NJ  08901