Re: How to you assess F&A on subcontracts? Hewitt, Dawn 22 Apr 2003 10:07 EST

Collect it on the first $25,000 of the total budget (direct & indirect
costs) for the sub.

Dawn A. Hewitt
Director of Sponsored Programs
Hospital for Special Surgery
535 East 70th. Street
New York, NY 10021
Phone: (212) 774-2307
Fax: (212) 774-2301
E-mail: xxxxxx@hss.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Gravely, Celia [mailto:xxxxxx@UFL.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 10:14 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] How to you assess F&A on subcontracts?

We are having a discussion on how to assess F&A on subcontracts.

Question:
You have a subcontract for a total of $30,000. Of this amount $20,000 is
direct costs and $10,000 is the subcontract institution's F&A. Would you
assess your F&A (as the prime institution) on only the $20,000 of direct
costs or would you assess your F&A on the allowed $25,000 (our negotiated
F&A agreement states we can assess F&A to the first $25,000 of the
subcontract)?

Thanks to all who will reply. It is a policy question here and we are trying
to see how other institutions handle the assessment of F&A on subcontracts.

Thanks!

Celia Gravely

UF Bridges Project
PO Box 113359