Re: A-21 question Herbert B. Chermside 03 Apr 2003 07:53 EST

The timing for review is an internal management decision, so long as it is
reasonable.  Annual is generally well received -- often scheduled to change
the same date as other rates.  A new activity might want review after 6
months, to see that assumptions made about the first year's activities are
on target.

Chuck

At 11:11 AM 3/31/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello from Snowy Binghamton NY!
>
>Can anyone point me to where it specifically states how often recharge
>facilities rates are to be reviewed?
>
>We see in Specialized Service Facilities paragraph C. Accordingly, it is
>not necessary that the rates charged for services be equal to the cost of
>providing those services during any one fiscal year as long as rates are
>reviewed periodically for consistency with the long-term plan and adjusted
>if necessary.
>
>We see many educational institutions review annually and every other year.
>We are wondering where this principle comes from.
>
>Thanks!
>
>(Joe) Joseph W. Walker, Sr.
>Purchasing and Technical Services
>Research Foundation of SUNY