Re: 150 Research Administrators to gather in Providence Bass, Joe (JSB Consulting, LLC) 01 Apr 2003 17:13 EST

Did we need anyone from ONR to do an update?

-----Original Message-----
From: John Chinn [mailto:xxxxxx@EINSTEIN.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 2:37 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] 150 Research Administrators to gather in Providence

Dear Colleague:

Come join the 150 plus research administrators who have registered for
the 2003 Northeast SRA sectional meeting being held in Providence Rhode
Island on April 12th through the 16th.  The host hotel is the Westin
Providence, known for its heavenly facilities.

The theme of the meeting will be "Balancing the Mind, Body, and Spirit
of Research Administrators".  Plenary speakers include Dr. Goldrosen
from the NIH Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, the
mayor of Providence, Greg Koshi, formally from OHRP, and Scott Campbell,
VP of research for the American Diabetes Association.  This will be a
unique meeting with the usual comprehensive continuing educational
offerings and training found at SRA meetings as well as holistic
training and workshops to help you regulate the stress of everyday life
and work such as massage therapy, mediation, thai chi, self-defense.
There will also be many networking opportunities.

If you are a departmental administrator, there is still time to
register for the DA 101 certification course.   For those of you
planning on taking the research administrator's certification test, the
RACC preparation seminar is being offered on April 11.

Providence is a wonderful city to visit.   There are numerous tourist
attractions such as the Roger Williams Park and Zoo, the Rhode Island
School of Design museum, the Lippitt House museum, the U484, a Julett
class Russian submarine recovered near Rhode Island, the Sloop
Providence and the culinary archive and museum of Johnson and Wales
University.

Please join us in Providence at our spring meeting.   Contact me if you
wish more information about this exciting program.  I would appreciate
if you would pass this invitation to others at your institution who may
benefit from this program.  Thank you for your time.

John Chinn
Director, Sponsored Programs
Office for Research and Technology Development
Albert Einstein Healthcare Network
5501 Old York Road, Korman Suite 100
Philadelphia, PA  19141
215-456-7214