Re: ? regarding InfoEd Jon Elizabeth Hart 18 Mar 2003 11:14 EST

We too use InfoEd's SPIN, SMARTS/GENIUS, Proposal Tracking and Tech
Transfer modules.  We are trying to get the Proposal Development
(grantwriting) module online, but it has been delayed at InfoEd's end.

I agree that they are a good bunch of folks, with a service attitude.  I
have looked at many systems and, with all the inherent frustrations of
using any software, I think they are still the best out there for our
purposes.  They are more compliance and pre-award end aware, as compared to
many systems that view grant programs as just a feed for the finance systems.

Joni.

At 10:42 AM 3/18/03 -0500, you wrote:
>In the "for what it's worth" department, I had dealings with Infoed for
>many years when I worked in the Office of Sponsored Programs at WVU. I
>found them pleasant to work with and responsive to comments, complaints,
>and problems. Yes, there were times I got a bit annoyed, but in general
>a good group with a service attitude.
>
>Elsa Nadler
>
>Elsa G. Nadler
>Research Coordinator
>Department of Pediatrics
>PO Box 9214
>West Virginia University
>Morgantown, WV 26506-9214
>
>Tel: 304/293-0720

Jon Hart, Senior Director, Sponsored Programs Administration
The Rockefeller University
1230 York Ave.-Box 82, NY, NY 10021-6399
tel:  (212) 327-8054; fax:  (212) 327-8400
e-mail:  xxxxxx@rockefeller.edu