REPLY == Re: [RESADM-L] Depreciation on Cost Shared Equipment? Steve Bradley 05 Mar 2003 19:18 EST
Ginger,

I was part of these recent discussions and must admit that it was my original
question to one of the F&A Listserves that prompted a spirited debate on this
issue.

I agree that your e-mail below faithfully records the DHHS/ONR decisions.

However, I was wondering if you had the sense that universities could start
claiming in F&A proposals the Depreciation for their Cost Shared/Matched
Equipment purchases upon grant terminations?  Please note that such is not
fully addressed within the decisions below (i.e., specifically regarding # 2
below).

For example, any cost Equipment share/match relationship (i.e., on federal or
non-federal grants) would obviously end with grant termination.  Therefore, it
would appear logical that universities could then start claiming in F&A
proposals the equipment depreciation associated with their original cost
share/match dollar purchases from institutional accounts.

In truth, I never did receive a response to my additional question.

Regards,
Steve