Re: Depreciation on Cost Shared Equipment? Wasserman, Sarah W 26 Feb 2003 10:37 EST

I didn't attend that session, but at Illinois, cost-sharing with equipment
is seldom permitted.  When it is permitted, we carefully segregate this
equipment from that we take depreciation on for the indirect cost study.  It
would be inappropriate to use the same piece of equipment as cost sharing,
then recover the cost through the indirect cost rate.

Of course for financial statement purposes, the cost-shared items would be
depreciated along with all other equipment.

Sarah W. Wasserman
Associate Director
Grants and Contracts Office
801 South Wright Street
Champaign, IL 61820
(v) 217-244-7637
(f)  217-333-2189
xxxxxx@uillinois.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Romaggi [mailto:xxxxxx@DRI.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 6:01 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Depreciation on Cost Shared Equipment?

From my notes taken at the NCURA/NACCA FRA IV F&A Basics in New Orleans
last week....
.... a new ruling/clarification now allows depreciation to be collected
on equipment that was committed as cost share to a federal project as
long as the equipment was purchased with non-federal funds???

Could someone point me to a source document or reference ....?

Thanks,
Jim Romaggi
DRI
Reno, Nevada