Re: international travel Samuela Evans 19 Feb 2003 17:03 EST

OMB Circular A-21 C. 4. (d) could provide guidance for such situations:

 (3) Direct cost allocation principles. If a cost benefits
two or more projects
 or activities in proportions that can be
determined without undue effort or cost, the
 cost should be allocated to the projects based
on the proportional benefit. If a cost
 benefits two or more projects or activities in
proportions that cannot be determined
 because of the interrelationship of the work
involved, then, notwithstanding subsection
 b, the costs may be allocated or transferred to
benefited projects on any reasonable
 basis, consistent with subsections d.(1) and (2).