Re: F & A distributions Dolores Brzycki 14 Feb 2003 12:47 EST

Is it A-133 that specifically says this?  Or A-21?  This is the way I also
understand it, but I can't find the exact documentation.

----- Original Message -----
From: "David R. Fielder" <xxxxxx@COOPER.CPMC.ORG>
To: <xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG>
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 12:21 PM
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] F & A distributions

> IMHO, we would all be better off if we ceased using this terminology.  The
IDC recovery process is to reimburse actual, audited (A133) F&A expenses.
It is not some sort of "reward/largesse" from the NIH.

> How about calling this process what it really is - A Reward Based On
Received Grant Funding With Full IDC - utilizing internal institutional
funds?  There's nothing wrong with rewards, but clarity helps, usually.

> Maybe this would help reduce investigators thinking we administrators are
all running some sort of shell game?

>         David
>
> At 12:00 AM -0500 2/14/03, Automatic digest processor wrote:
> >On 2/13/2003, Farbman Betty A wrote:
> >
> >> Dear Friends:
> >>
> >> I know that we've asked this over time, but folks change their
distributions
> >> from time to time, and an update would be most appreciated.
> >>
> >> Could folks please provide the following information:
> >>
> >> 1) Does your institution distribute the F&A recoveries?
> >> 2) What is your institution's formula for distribution? (e.g. - PI,
Dept,