Re: Fwd: RESADM-L Digest - 17 Jan 2003 to 19 Jan 2003 (#2003-15) David R. Fielder 20 Jan 2003 12:32 EST

Matt,

 Not sure if I follow exactly, but I'd lean towards "he who pays the piper calls the tune", and disclose.  Although B-D Act gives me major grief, not clear on why you would try so hard to avoid in this situation.

 David

>>Date:    Sun, 19 Jan 2003 11:10:02 -0500
>>From:    Matt Ronning <xxxxxx@NCSU.EDU>
>>Subject: IP On Assistantship
>>
>>I've asked this question before but want a refresher.   First, the
>>ground work:  A graduate student is employed on a federal sponsored
>>agreement subject to Bayh-Dole and the assistantship is considered a 50%
>>employee appointment and that type of appointment is a salaried position
>>not subject to local personnel act (i.e. not eligible for overtime work;
>>get the "job" done, irrespective of total time).

snip....
Mr. David R. Fielder                    tel: 415.600.1600
Vice President, Research                fax: 415.600.1753
Research Institute                 email: xxxxxx@cooper.cpmc.org
California Pacific Medical Center  website: http://www.cpmc.org
2200 Webster Street,  Suite 514
San Francisco, CA 94115