Re: Medical Expenses for Lab Personnel Ruth B Smith 06 Jan 2003 16:45 EST

In my experience, health safety costs are covered by institutions
centrally.  They are indirect costs of doing business that are often
attributable to multiple departments and projects.  The particular unit
responsible should either be employee health or research, depending upon
where funds are available.

Ruth Smith
Executive Director
Old Dominion University Research Foundation
Ph 757-683-4293, ext. 600
Fax 757-683-5290
Mobile Ph 757-469-5675

 "Ballard,
 Gamaliel L."             To:       xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
 <xxxxxx@MAIL.MM        cc:
 C.EDU>                   Subject:  Re: [RESADM-L] Medical Expenses for Lab
 Sent by: Research         Personnel
 Administration
 List
 <xxxxxx@HRINET.

 01/06/2003 03:10
 PM
 Please respond to
 Research
 Administration
 Discussion List

 I, too, would be interested in knowing how this problem is handled.
Thanks.

 G.L. Ballard
 Assoc. Director
 Research Support Servives