Lodging Reimbursement Fred Averick 18 Dec 2002 14:15 EST

If a faculty member has a scientific visitor (say who's a citizen and is a
full-time faculty member at another domestic university) and he wants to
reimburse this visitor for his lodging expenses during the visit, would
that ever be considered taxable income to the visitor?  Would there be a
difference between a short-term and long-term visit?  And how would you
define "short-term?"


Fred Averick
Sponsored Research Administrator
Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences
New York University
ph: (212) 998-3372
fax: (212) 995-4125

 Instructions on how to use the RESADM-L Mailing List, including
 subscription information and a web-searchable archive, are available
 via our web site at http://www.hrinet.org (click on "Listserv Lists")