Re: Collaborations Daniel S. Rademacher 16 Dec 2002 11:23 EST

Hi Lori,

There are programs for which NIH does allow this practice.  Recently, we
submitted an supplement application in response to special announcement
available to certain P50/P30 holders in which collaborators whose
institutions house the same P50/P30 were asked to submit
separately.  Linkage between the collaborators was to be identified in the
research plan.  As the prime we listed our other sites on our Form Page
2.  Each site was also required to submit a separate Letter of Intent as well.

I hope this helps.

Dan

At 01:21 PM 12/13/2002 -0500, Lori Messer wrote:
>NSF allows collaborating organizations to request separate awards.  Does
>anyone know if NIH allows the same arrangement?  I've done some checking
>on their website (398 Instructions and the Grants Policy Statement) but
>I haven't found anything that indicates they do.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Lori Messer
>Research & Sponsored Programs
>Wake Forest University

Daniel S. Rademacher
Grants & Contracts Administrator
The Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center
Northwestern University
676 St. Clair
Suite 1200
Chicago, IL 60611