Re: RESADM-L Digest - 16 Oct 2002 to 17 Oct 2002 (#2002-185) Gail Kalei Kuranaka 18 Oct 2002 15:32 EST

Aloha from a soggy Hawai'i (at the moment) also.  I would like to expand
on Joe's posting below.  For those who charge different recharge rates
to university vs. non-university users, how do you determine how to
allocate the service center's costs between those groups of users when
determining rates to charge?

Thank you,
Gail Kalei Kuranaka
University of Hawai'i
Pacific Biomedical Research Center
1993 East-West Road, Room 201
Honolulu, HI  96822
phone:  (808) 956-7401
fax:  (808) 956-4768

Date:    Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:38:13 -0400
From:    "Walker, Joe" <xxxxxx@BINGHAMTON.EDU>
Subject: Recharges/usages

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not
understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_000_01C275E2.70B1E2C0

------_=_NextPart_001_01C275E2.70B1E2C0

Greetings from soggy Binghamton, NY.

Binghamton University has formed a working committee to look at how we
do internal campus recharges and make recommendations for improvement.
Our definition of recharges is, what campus departments charge other
campus departments for services and materials and supplies, etc. We are
at the stage of looking at other Universities/Colleges policies and
procedures. Will you be so kind as to either email, fax or point me to a
web page that describes your University/College policy and procedure.

Thank you kindly!!

(Joe) Joseph W. Walker, Sr.
Purchasing and Technical Services
Research Foundation of SUNY