Re: DOJ Publication Approval Mike McCallister 16 Oct 2002 13:20 EST

Give them a window for review-- 30 days or so-- then go ahead.  We
don't let sponsors get into this unless it's clearly proprietary.
Gets our lawyer into a snit.

Spanky.

>I'd remove the "approval" and replace it with "review".  Also, while I am
>all for citing support (usually at the end of a paper), the idea of using
>the sponsor's logo doesn't sit well.  I think it would depend on what you
>were publishing and where.  For instance, if you are developing materials
>for public distribution/education, the logo might be okay but if you are
>doing a journal paper, it would not.

Mike McCallister, Ph. D.
 Director, Research and Sponsored Programs
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
2801 South University
Little Rock, AR 72204-1099
(v) 501-569-8474
(f) 501-371-7614
(c) 501-590-5609

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new
discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I've found it!), but 'That's funny...'"
 ~ Isaac Asimov