Re: NIDA Award - Department of State Hold Jon Elizabeth Hart 03 Oct 2002 13:57 EST

We get this all the time on our NIH grants.  The State Department has to
approve international subcontracts; this is routine.  Hang on, you'll get
the approval shortly.  It's even necessary with Canadian subcontracts!
Joni.

At 02:12 PM 10/2/02 -0700, you wrote:
>We have just received an award from NIDA that contains a statement "This
>award includes funds to support research activities at an international
>site, xxxxxx England.  All funds associated with the international research
>are restricted pending approval of the U.S. State Department."
>
>Is this a new requirement or restriction, is it limited to HHS, we have not
>seen this language before?  Can anyone point out an announcement or
>regulation pertaining to this issue?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Gary
>
>Gary Chaffins
>Director, Office of Research Services and Administration
>5219 - University of Oregon
>Eugene, OR  97403-5219
>Voice  (541)346-2395
>FAX   (541) 346-5138
>E-mail xxxxxx@orsa.uoregon.edu

Jon Hart, Senior Director, Sponsored Programs Administration
The Rockefeller University
1230 York Ave.-Box 82, NY, NY 10021-6399
tel:  (212) 327-8054; fax:  (212) 327-8400
e-mail:  xxxxxx@rockefeller.edu