Re: NIDA Award - Department of State Hold Herbert B. Chermside 03 Oct 2002 08:50 EST

There is something behind the scenes that you are not seeing that requires
international collaboration and resolution through the State
Department.  Maybe something at that site involves international
collaboration.  Maybe the subject material of the research (you gave no
info on that) involves some treaty.  Contact NIDA for details, and offer to
provide whatever input you can.  State Department moves in ways, and on
time schedules, we do not understand, so don't hold your breath!

Chuck

At 02:12 PM 10/2/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>We have just received an award from NIDA that contains a statement "This
>award includes funds to support research activities at an international
>site, xxxxxx England.  All funds associated with the international research
>are restricted pending approval of the U.S. State Department."
>
>Is this a new requirement or restriction, is it limited to HHS, we have not
>seen this language before?  Can anyone point out an announcement or
>regulation pertaining to this issue?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Gary
>
>Gary Chaffins
>Director, Office of Research Services and Administration
>5219 - University of Oregon
>Eugene, OR  97403-5219
>Voice  (541)346-2395
>FAX   (541) 346-5138