Re: Criteria for Proposal Submission Glenn Krell 01 Oct 2002 17:32 EST

Interesting thread.  I have a related question in regard to the internal
publicity campaign once campus administrators are aware of a given
one-per-campus solicitation.  There are many of these offerings from
funders; for example, a fund search on www.cos.com shows that as of this
morning there were 268 solicitations with a limited # of PIs per
institution and award of unspecified or $50,000+.
Now, the more proposals the better of course, and I agree with Charlie
regarding how internal competitions result in better proposals.  However,
the trend that some of you have noted could lead to a large number of
internal competitions.  Given this volume, does your institution publicize
internal competitions for:
a) every one-per-campus solicitation that individual faculty call to your
attention;
b) only the one-per-campus solicitations selected by administration;
c) as many one-per-campus solicitations as are applicable to your research; or
d) other (some combination of the above).
Thanks.
-Glenn  <xxxxxx@iit.edu>