Re: NASA Grant Clause/Equipment Maggie Griscavage 28 Aug 2002 17:11 EST

Dear Val (and colleagues):

I asked my ONR Administrative Contracting Officer for his advice and
counsel, and here is what he said:

"My first thought is that the $5,000 threshold only applies if the
institution's definition of equipment is not lower.

It seems to me that proposals should include details about equipment
planned for acquisition. If the grants officer accepted a proposal with
an amount for unspecified equipment, then I, as AGO reviewing costs,
would ask that GO whether all equipment within the dollar limit would be
considered approved."

Hope this helps,

Maggie, GCS
University of Alaska Fairbanks