Re: Accrued vacation charges Herbert B. Chermside 12 Aug 2002 14:52 EST

Pat Kaufman's way is clearly the best.  Unfortunately it doesn't work in
almost all state universities, and also in most private universities.  We
wish it did!!!

Many of us who do not accumulate leave liability -- especially state
agencies, who do not follow GAAP -- are not burdened with the original
questioner's problem that the union agreement prohibits "Take it or loose
it" during the project period.  Is this problem large enough in terms of $
to have the union make an exception for grant-funded individuals?  Of
course that creates two classes of employee....

Chuck

Herbert B. Chermside, CRA
Virginia Commonwealth University
PO BOX 980568