Re: FW: [RESADM-L] Michael Wetherholt 30 Jul 2002 11:01 EST

At Murray State University, a predominately undergraduate institution, our
IRB Coordinator is physically located in the SRO and "on paper" reports to
the Director of the SRO. However, the IRB Coordinator has total autonomy in
doing her IRB duties.  The IRB is Chaired by a member of the faculty. No
member of the SRO, other than the IRB Coordinator has anything to do with
the IRB.  This model works well for my institution.  I suspect eventually,
the IRB Coordinator will be moved from the SRO to reporting directly to our
Provost.

Michael Wetherholt
Director
Sponsored Programs