Re: Subcontracts with foreign institutions Mckeough, Pamela M 29 Jul 2002 11:43 EST

The NIH Grants Policy Statement
(http://grants.nih.gov/grants/policy/nihgps_2001/) has a handy table in
the Public Policy Requirements section (Table II-1) that lists which
regulations must flow down to subcontractors.  It also states which ones
are not applicable to foreign institutions.  You didn't say who the
prime funding agency is but, even if it's not NIH, the table may be of
help.

Pam McKeough
Indiana University

-----Original Message-----
From: Amy Hibbard [mailto:xxxxxx@KGI.EDU]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 11:27 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Subcontracts with foreign institutions

Hello all-
We're the primary on a grant with a subcontract to a foreign
institution.
After sending our standard subcontract form, we've received the sub's
comments, most of which are requests to remove all federal and state
requirements, particularly those that specify compliance with the OMB
circulars.
Does anyone have a template for a subcontract with a foreign entity that
safely navigates federal regulations and the needs of the foreign
institution?
Thanks for your help,

Amy Hibbard
Grants Administrator
Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Sciences
535 Watson Drive, Claremont, CA 91711
T: (909) 607-9313 / 607-7855
F: (909) 607-8086
xxxxxx@kgi.edu