Re: IACUC question Elaine Young 26 Jul 2002 13:11 EST

I don't guarantee it's what you're looking for but you are welcome to check
out <http://www.umbc.edu/ospa> - Animal Research - I recently redid the
manual and we have links to OLAW, etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG]On Behalf
Of William Campbell
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 1:57 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] IACUC question

RESADMers, the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee at my institution
wants to rewrite its policy manual, so I'm looking for some good examples I
can borrow from.  If anyone can point me to an animal care policy or set of
procedures which seem to satisfy most folks on your campus, I'll be
grateful.

We need:
--A concise but convincing explanation of the need for animal care policies;
the explanation should help both students and faculty understand why we have
an IACUC and they have to fill out protocols.
--Procedures which work for both lab and farm animals (since we have an ag
school and lab farms here).  I.e., we must be in accord with both PHS and
USDA rules and regulations.

Regards, Bill

Bill Campbell
Director, Grants & Research