Re: An idea for you Mike Mike L. Varney 22 Jul 2002 13:01 EST

>Say Mike, just a thought: is it possible to teach the serv computer to
>automatically not send any email with the phrase "Out Of Office" in the
>subject line?

Unfortunately, no.  The ListServ actually catches most of them... you
should see my logs!  It's only the non-standardly formatted ones that get
through. Most OOO responders follow the Internet Standard (tm) and reply to
the actual sender of the message rather than the ListServ.  That's why all
of you get about 5-10 OOO messages when you submit to the list.

The only recourse we would have is to turn the list into a moderated list,
but I don't have the resources (read:  time) to moderate the list.  I
always liked the faster pace of an unmoderated list anyways.

--- Mike Varney / RESADM-L Administrator