Re: proposal budgets BOB 22 Jul 2002 11:55 EST

The University of Michigan allows PI's to submit Modular Grant applications
in the way the NIH intended.  Budget details are then arranged when the
grant is awarded.  We consider Modular Grants a major step forward in
streamlining the grants process. The few minor errors that occur are easily
corrected at the award stage.  Some departments require budget details
prior to their approval. The central grants office does not.
Bob
Robert Beattie
Managing Project Representative for Electronic Research
 Administration
The University of Michigan
xxxxxx@umich.edu

--On Monday, July 22, 2002 11:37 AM -0500 Cathy Thomas <xxxxxx@EIU.EDU>