Re: Conflict of Interest and Financial Disclosure Jon Elizabeth Hart 01 Jul 2002 08:49 EST

At Rockefeller, we require the same financial disclosure statement for
non-federal as for federal.  Our policy applies to all research done on
campus.  We have a conflict of interest statement that has to be completed
for all funding applications, and there is a more detailed financial
disclosure statement that each faculty has to file annually with the
President's Office.
Hope this helps.
Joni.

At 06:53 PM 6/27/02, you wrote:
>Our university currently explicitly requires the submission of financial
>disclosure statements for all DHHS/PHS and NSF applications.  We do not,
>however, explicitly require them for applications to other federal
>agencies, to private foundations or for industry contracts (although the
>IRB will require them via a vis FDA requirements and the contacts
>themselves frequently address this point).
>
>I am, however, increasingly uncomfortable with not requiring such
>disclosure for non-DHHS/PHS and NSF application.  I am, therefore, turning
>to you for guidance.  What are the policies/practices at your institution
>regarding the submission of financial disclosure statements?  Do you
>require them for all applications?  Grants and contracts?   Federal and
>private funding sources?
>
>Thank you.
>
>John
>
>John R. Baumann, Ph.D.
>Director
>Office of Sponsored Programs & Research Support
>University of Missouri -- Kansas City
>5100 Rockhill Road
>Kansas City, MO 64110
>
>816.235.1303 (v)
>816.235.6532 (f)
>xxxxxx@umkc.edu

Jon Hart, Senior Director, Sponsored Programs Administration
The Rockefeller University
1230 York Ave.-Box 82, NY, NY 10021-6399
tel:  (212) 327-8054; fax:  (212) 327-8400
e-mail:  xxxxxx@rockefeller.edu