Re: Conflict of Interest and Financial Disclosure Hansen, Debra 28 Jun 2002 08:24 EST

Although we recognize that it may be a bit more paperwork than absolutely necessary for the investigators, we do require them for all grant applications regardless of the funding source.

Deb

Debra K. Hansen
Director of Sponsored Programs and Fiscal Affairs
Marshfield Medical Research and Education Foundation,
a Division of Marshfield Clinic
1000 N Oak Avenue - 1R3
Marshfield, WI   54449
715-387-9130
xxxxxx@mfldclin.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Baumann, John [mailto:xxxxxx@UMKC.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 5:53 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Conflict of Interest and Financial Disclosure

Our university currently explicitly requires the submission of financial disclosure statements for all DHHS/PHS and NSF applications.  We do not, however, explicitly require them for applications to other federal agencies, to private foundations or for industry contracts (although the IRB will require them via a vis FDA requirements and the contacts themselves frequently address this point).

I am, however, increasingly uncomfortable with not requiring such disclosure for non-DHHS/PHS and NSF application.  I am, therefore, turning to you for guidance.  What are the policies/practices at your institution regarding the submission of financial disclosure statements?  Do you require them for all applications?  Grants and contracts?   Federal and private funding sources?

Thank you.

John

John R. Baumann, Ph.D.
Director
Office of Sponsored Programs & Research Support
University of Missouri -- Kansas City
5100 Rockhill Road
Kansas City, MO 64110

816.235.1303 (v)