Re: fee remissions Karen Otiji 28 May 2002 14:45 EST

I will be out of the office from May 28-May 31.  Please contact 202-275-0840 and ask for Melva, Violet or Julian if you need immediate assistance.  Thank you.-

>>> "xxxxxx@hrinet.org" 05/28/02 15:34 >>>

At State University of New York, Binghamton we have recently implemented a
policy that requests tuition scholarship (tuition remission) at a percentage
of our in state rate.

Paul

Paul C. Parker
Assistant Vice President
 for Research Administration
State University of New York
PO Box 6000
Binghamton, NY  13902-6000
607-777-6752  fax 607-777-4354
email:  xxxxxx@binghamton.edu
-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org]On Behalf Of
Landen, Marcia
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 12:17 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] fee remissions

We're reviewing our policy on graduate student fee remissions requested in
grant budgets. Currently, we request fee remissions at the in-state rate,
but are considering using out-of-state rates. What do other public colleges
and universities do? Are there pros and cons?

Marcia Landen
Co-Director, Awards Coordination
Sponsored Research Services
Bryan Hall, Room 108