Re: Autopsy tissue resource Gregory Schmidt 14 May 2002 20:00 EST

Brenda:

A number of years ago, the State of Florida, through what was then
called the Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services ran a rather
extensive Brain Bank of Alzheimer's patients.  It was operated under
contract with, I believe, U of FL, U of Miami and several of the larger
hospitals in the state.  I believe it is now run through the State of
Florida's Department of Health, or possibly Aging and Adult.

The contracts we ran were quite verbose in reference to harvesting,
cataloging, storage, and utilizing the tissue.  Perhaps someone there
could help

Greg Schmidt