Re: Jon Elizabeth Hart 14 May 2002 13:30 EST

For those programs which only allow a small number of people from one
institution to apply, we have a Nominating Committee, which meets
throughout the year and selects the applicants.  The committee is supported
jointly by my office and by the Development Office.  For those agencies,
such as the NIH, that have no restrictions, it's every man for himself.
Jon Hart

At 01:45 PM 5/14/02, you wrote:
>We are a small university with a relatively new Office of Sponsored
>Research.  As more and more faculty are becoming involved in sponsored
>research, I am running into the issue of faculty members competing for the
>same source of funding support.  Though I know each foundation and
>government agency has specific guidelines re this issue, I'm looking at how
>this is handled "in house"...in different Universities.  Thank you
>

>Diane W. Keller, Ph.D.
>Office of Research and Community Collaboration
>(570) 961-4778
>xxxxxx@ac.marywood.edu

Jon Hart, Senior Director, Sponsored Programs Administration
The Rockefeller University
1230 York Ave.-Box 82, NY, NY 10021-6399
tel:  (212) 327-8054; fax:  (212) 327-8400
e-mail:  xxxxxx@rockefeller.edu