Re: insurance clauses Baumann, John 22 Mar 2002 17:09 EST

We do not agree to name sponsor as an additionally insured -- our justification is twofold: we are self-insured and we are a public, state university.

John R. Baumann, Ph.D.
Director
Office of Sponsored Programs & Research Support
University of Missouri -- Kansas City
5100 Rockhill Road
Kansas City, MO 64110

816.235.1303 (v)
816.235.6532 (f)
xxxxxx@umkc.edu

location: 5211 Rockhill Road

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Womack [mailto:xxxxxx@WM.EDU]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 2:07 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] insurance clauses

 As an matter of information-gathering, may I ask how many
schools have been asked to add a sponsoring agency as an
additional insured on their insurance policies--and who have agreed
to it.  I think what I'm asking is do *any* of you list additional
insureds, and if you don't, what reason do you give (if you know).
 Thanks for any help.  A.W.

Anne Womack CRA
Director of Sponsored Programs
Grants and Research Administration