Re: Hey, be gentle! (Attachment Sizes) Dolce, Peter J 07 Feb 2002 08:44 EST

Um, I may have been the person or one of the persons who sent a large
attachment to the entire list--can't tell because I deleted it from my Sent
folder to free up space in my mailbox.  Sorry.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike L. Varney [mailto:xxxxxx@HEALTH.STATE.NY.US]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 7:07 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Hey, be gentle! (Attachment Sizes)

 The recent thread regarding OSP newsletters has brought forth a cry of
"MERCY!" from the organization which provides our internet access.
Apparently, emailing a 5MB file to 1400 subscribers causes a network
slowdown?

 As a result, I have limited the message size to 3000 lines, which would
translate to a maximum attachment size of about 100K.  Enough for a simple
Word document, but not much more.  I realize that most mailing lists do not
allow attachments at all, but I am willing to continue to let small ones
through as long as it does not get out of hand (as it did with the
Newsletter mailings).

 In the future, please place large files you wish to share on your
organization's web site and email the web link to everyone on the list.

-- Mike Varney / RESADM-L Administrator