Re: contract Review Debbie Smith 24 Jan 2002 10:39 EST

At the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, the Office of Research
Administration reviews and approves all contracts for signature by the
authorized official.  We consult legal on an as-needed basis.  However, all
contracts with foreign entities or funds OUT over $50K must be sent to legal
for review, per UT fiscal policy.

Debbie Smith

Deborah (Debbie) L. Smith, Ed.D.
Director, Research Administration
UT Health Science Center
8 So. Dunlap, Suite C-109
Memphis, TN  38163
(901) 448-4823
(901) 448-7600 fax
xxxxxx@utmem.edu

----- Original Message -----
From: Baumann, John <xxxxxx@UMKC.EDU>
To: <xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 9:05 AM
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] contract Review

At UMKC, the process is more or less as follows:

- contract comes into Sponsored Programs office;
- we conduct a review of the terms and conditions, scope of work and budget;
- we have on file various "model" contracts that have been approved by our
legal office and we use these to address any questionable terms/conditions
that we identify;
- if questions or concerns remain unresolved, we forward the terms and
conditions to our legal office for review, followed by an email or telephone
discussion of what to do about them.

John R. Baumann, Ph.D.
Director
Office of Sponsored Programs & Research Support
University of Missouri -- Kansas City
5100 Rockhill Road
Kansas City, MO 64110

816.235.1303 (v)