Re: Educational Discount as Cost-Sharing Gregory Schmidt 19 Nov 2001 19:34 EST

Valerie:

I may be off on my citation, but A-110 Section 23(c)(2) looks close to setting
the valuation of cost sharing in your situation.  I do not believe you will find
a specific reference in OMB circulars to your case.  The sponsoring agency may
have additional requirements that may clarify their position on cases like
yours.

My opinion of your case would be that if the vendor has a policy of providing a
discount to educational institutions and voluntarily elects to provide you with
a larger discount for this specific project, the difference between the
educational discounted price for the goods provided and the actual costs to you
could be claimed.

Greg Schmidt