Re: Proposal courses texts Baumann, John 19 Nov 2001 13:23 EST
I kind of like Ogden and Goldberg: Research Proposals: A Guide to
Success. (Raven Press).

In addition, I  am developing a graduate course entitled SOCIOLOGY OF
RESEARCH: CULTURE, NORMS, ROLES, AND ETHICS to be run through the Dept
of Sociology.  I have attached a course description and will be happy to
share the course outling as soon as it is finalized.

John R. Baumann, Ph.D.
Director
Office of Sponsored Programs & Research Support
University of Missouri -- Kansas City
5100 Rockhill Road
Kansas City, MO 64110

816.235.1303 (v)
816.235.6532 (f)
xxxxxx@umkc.edu

location: 5211 Rockhill Road

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike McCallister [mailto:xxxxxx@UALR.EDU]
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 9:06 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Proposal courses texts

I'm back.

I am to teach a doctoral level course on proposal design and
development this Spring in our college of Education.  Most of the
books that I use in my for-hire proposal workshops lean toward
science and such and are not really useful for education/social
sciences/fuzzier areas.  I've not taught the course in a while and
the request has jumped up suddenly-- I have no recent text.

Do any of you teach a similar course and do you have books that you
use as primary or secondary texts that you'd recommend?  I'm not
looking for a "book to teach" but rather a resource that the more
motivated can keep and use as a resource later on in their careers.

Thanks

Spanky