Re: Proposal courses texts Barbara Gray 16 Nov 2001 10:33 EST

Hey, Spanky,
I use The Grantsmanship Center's Program Planning and Proposal Writing
Guide-Expanded for faculty workshops (instructional and service
orientation) and for my volunteer presentations in the community.  They
cost only $4 each (less with bulk discount) and focus on propoasal writing
techniques for human/community service programs.  See www.tgci.com for
more info.  Good luck!
Barbara

Mike McCallister wrote:

> I'm back.
>
> I am to teach a doctoral level course on proposal design and
> development this Spring in our college of Education.  Most of the
> books that I use in my for-hire proposal workshops lean toward
> science and such and are not really useful for education/social
> sciences/fuzzier areas.  I've not taught the course in a while and
> the request has jumped up suddenly-- I have no recent text.
>
> Do any of you teach a similar course and do you have books that you
> use as primary or secondary texts that you'd recommend?  I'm not
> looking for a "book to teach" but rather a resource that the more
> motivated can keep and use as a resource later on in their careers.
>
> Thanks
>
> Spanky

Barbara H. Gray, Director
Office of Research & Grants Administration
College of Charleston
66 George Street
Charleston, SC  29424
Campus Location:  407-G Bell Bldg.
Office: 843.953.5673  Desk: 843.953.5885  Fax:  843.953.6577
e-mail:  xxxxxx@cofc.edu   URL: http://www.orga.cofc.edu/