Re: How does your institution handle ... Chaffins, Gary 07 Nov 2001 19:43 EST

Winnie;

We see all? (make that most) gift/grant applications submitted by University
personnel whether the ultimate award will come through the University or our
related foundation, except for gift requests to individuals.  See
http://orsa.uoregon.edu/web/manual/Grant_Manual.html Section V.

If any external funding source (whether they call it a gift, scholarship, or
grant) requires any deliverable as a condition for our or our foundation
receiving the funds, our institutional policy requires this office to review
any correspondence related to the funding to determine the appropriate
institutional administrative process and accounting protocol for the funds.
Departments and Colleges, by policy can not make these determinations.

See http://orsa.uoregon.edu/web/orsa/orsa.html and
http://orsa.uoregon.edu/web/proposals/forms/internal_pdf/Proposal_Clearance_
Form.pdf  You will note on our clearance form we identify whether we have
initially cleared the proposal for Foundation management or not.  That
approval may change based on the language in the award we may subsequently
receive.

If I can clarify any of this let me know.

Gary Chaffins
Director, Office of Research Services and Administration
5219 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5219
Office: (541) 346-2395
Fax: (541) 346-5138