Re: Confidentiality Agreement: Debbie Smith 02 Nov 2001 16:27 EST

Since the faculty are receiving the information for the purpose of
determining interest in a research study to be done under the auspices of
the University, we require that the University, not the PI, sign the
Confidentiality Agreements.  My office handles them, as all research
contracts.

Debbie Smith

Deborah (Debbie) L. Smith, Ed.D.
Director, Research Administration
UT Health Science Center
8 So. Dunlap, Suite C-109
Memphis, TN  38163
(901) 448-4823
(901) 448-7600 fax
xxxxxx@utmem.edu
----- Original Message -----
From: Valerie A. Blake <xxxxxx@NSHS.EDU>
To: <xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG>
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 2:12 PM
Subject: [RESADM-L] Confidentiality Agreement:

Hello fellow administrators:

As many of you know, sponsors will require research investigators to sign a
confidentiality agreement prior to the release information about a clinical
trial.  I am developing a policy and procedure for research investigators to
follow and would welcome any information on how such agreements are handled
at your institution.

Your input will be sincerely appreciated.

Valerie Blake
Assistant Director
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
Office of Grants and Contracts
Lake Success, NY