Re: Research Funding in Response to Sept 11 Crisis? Valerie Seaquist 31 Oct 2001 13:10 EST

Glenn,

Try http://www.bids.tswg.gov for a recent release from the Under Secretary
of Defense for Acquisition, Technology & Logistics (DoD.)

Val Seaquist
The University of Alabama in Huntsville

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG]On Behalf
Of Glenn Krell
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 1:52 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Research Funding in Response to Sept 11 Crisis?

Hi there Resadm'rs,
Has anyone seen any "gathering place" online, of funding opportunities that
address national needs related to the Sept 11 crisis?  Technological
solutions for things we need, like improved x-ray technology to provide
better luggage screening; improved sensors to detect explosives and
biological materials, safer aircraft and aviation, and so on?  Not to
mention mental health needs such as psychological research on coping
strategies.  Trying to find something other than the usual and traditional
sources (Federal Register, Commerce Business Daily etc.)

Some disparate funding opportunities for such needs existed before Sept
11th and some have come after, but what I'm looking for is any more-or-less
centralized list of links to these types of funding opps.  Short of that,
other suggestions are most welcome.

Many thanks in advance.  United we stand!

-Glenn Krell CRA
Director, Research Proposal Development
Illinois Institute of Technology
 xxxxxx@iit.edu